Blog Article,  Software

A Simple Plan For Researching Laws

How To Claim Unpaid Wages In California

Grappling with unpaid wages is a common occurrence and it affects even the very best of us. Then there comes up the issue of unpaid wages and even if there is a chance the situation can turn from bad to worse, it is important to claim your unpaid wages. This is actually money owed to you for services you offered after all. Here is how to claim unpaid wages in California.

First thing you need to do is to carry out some research. Inquire from friends and colleagues alike on how they themselves dealt with the situation so as to get ideas. See what more you can learn from the internet in this regard. Make use of the social media platforms, online forums, and blogs to see what more you can learn about this. Read through the reviews and feedback given by others that have walked this journey before.

It is very important to contact your employer and ask for your unpaid wages. Write a letter or email and send it. Be very articulate on the details from the start to the end and leave no space for second-guessing by either of you. Copy the letter to the leader of your trade union as well as that will have you covered on all sides. Be sure to copy the letter to the head to the trade union you belong to so as to keep them informed, you might need their input later on. Put a timeline on the letter when you do write it so that you can follow up once the time has elapsed.

You will need to now involve a third party in this case if your employer does nothing even after you have talked to him about this. You have an option of contacting a local trade union or find a conciliation service that specializes in these kinds of situations. Your appointment letter and your pay slips will help prove that you were working for the employer as you claim, carry them with you when you go meet this third party you have chosen.

The employment tribunal allows you less than three months to get your case in court because when it hits three months, you will not be able to. The deadline is on the 29th day of the third month and not anything past that. If it seems like you are not getting any help from the conciliation party you involved, you should take the matter to the employment tribunal. These cases most times don’t run their full course because settlements are reached by the parties and the cases are, therefore, withdrawn.

In case you do take the case to the employment tribunal, you will need someone to represent you. If you think you can do it, you can represent yourself or you could find a lawyer to do that for you. In some situations where you cannot prove your relationship with your employer, there would have to be a hearing to get that sorted first before you can proceed to the main hearing.

5 Key Takeaways on the Road to Dominating Laws

5 Key Takeaways on the Road to Dominating Laws